Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Happy Little Stampers July Sketch Challenge

Hello and Happy July! This is my first post as a new designer for the Happy Little Stampers sketch challenge.
You can find all the details about the challenge HERE.
Here's the sketch


I started by die cutting the scalloped panel from MFT's Blueprints #20 and the working panel with Blueprints #1. This is just about my favorite combination for cards. I still get a CAS style but with added depth and interest.
The working panel of my card was embossed using PTI's Cross Stitch Cover Plate to give my card texture. The tree trunk was stamped using Simon Says Stamp "Giving Thanks" and the circles were stamped in bright fun colors using dots from PTI's Day Dreamer and Petite Pots. The sentiment is from PTI's Flower Favorites.

Be sure to stop by the Happy Little Stampers Challenge Blog to see the design team's fabulous cards and join in on the fun!
Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

14 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this sweet card Birgit!! Great texture with your cross stitch plate. And great job combining the tree stamp with some fun, patterned circles. Love the colours. xx

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Birgit! It was so very clever (wicked smaht ;) ) of you to use the circles as the leaves. I wish I could have seen your lupine in bloom! Maybe some day.

ÅsaJ said...

Just love this tree! Want that stamp!!!! Beautiful card! Hugs Åsa

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great graphic tree Brigit! Love this simple design! Hazel xx

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous tree...looks like it is covered with yummy looking candies and your embossing adds so much to your already wonderful card.

Joyce said...

This is such a fun card. Those circles give your tree such a whimsical and fun look, and I just love the texture you added.

Bonnie said...

I love the modern tree, Birgit! Congratulations on making the DT!

Birgit said...

This is so cute - I love the tree

Kylie said...

Welcome to the team, Birgit! What a beautiful tree. Love the colours! xx

Gloria said...

It is so beautiful card Birgit!

Kara Lynne said...

I love this fun tree! Such a sweet card, Birgit!

Tanja said...

love the colors and the scalloped background panel

Marcia Hill said...

Love, love, LOVE this card Birgit...everything about it is just so bright and cheerful! Loving the circles that make this tree a little more graphic too...great idea!! :0)

sue t. said...

Wonderful card- it is fun and playful!